Dating a vampire can be scary, but seeing as it's getting more and more common, here's some reasons to love the undead.
9) He'll drink your blood: This seems to be either a) an aphrodisiac or b) incredibly painful. Since he's your boyfriend, I'm thinking aphrodisiac. Granted, I broke up with my vampire boyfriend before we ever got to the bloodier "second base," but according to my friends, its like drinking three mojitos and a tequila shot. Remember, vampires are predators, so if you get a little scared, walk away, don't run.
8) He's probably rich: Okay, so this guy is how old? Maybe you don't want to know, but we'll get to that later. Let's just say you'll be living off the interest in his bank account. And he'll want you to, because you make him feel "alive." (Hah!)
6) No risk of unwanted pregnancy: Can't have babies with a dead man. Okay gross. But true. And if you want babies with a vampire, I worry about you. (Let's not forget what happened to Bella Swan....)
5) He's immortal: Surprise! He's reached emotional maturity! Or maybe he hasn't, in which case, shoot for an older vampire. We all know it takes men at least 200 years to "grow up." Why else would you date a 1000 year old vampire? The conversation is (literally) endless!
4) He won't bug you during the day: Turn your cell phone off and get to work! He won't text, and you don't have to worry about making the time to text back. Less drama = more time for crazy vampire sex. My ex-vampire-boyfriend would txt me twice a night: "good evening" and "see you later," and that's just the way I like it.
2) He loves you just the way you are: Despite the haters, your vampire boyfriend loves you because you've got a beating heart, and in the end, isn't that all that really matters?
1) Duh, he's a vampire! And what girl doesn't want to date a vampire? Be prepared to be irrevocably seduced to a quivering pool of need. He's got game. Not just game: fangs, and a few century's worth of brain to entertain you. He's the embodiment of everything masculine and wonderful, and the best part is that he doesn't really exist, so you can have him any way you want!
Vampires are amazing. They give us hope and make us believe in true love. So grab a book (or turn on HBO's True Blood) and get lost in the vampire craze. Be sure to have a set of plastic fangs at hand. You'll thank me later. ;)
Most recommended vampire books: Charlaine Harris' Dead Until Dark (HBO's True Blood), Stephanie Meyer's Twilight, Christine Feehan's Dark Guardian, Anne Rice's Interview with a Vampire, Katie McCallister's A Girl's Guide to Vampires, Michele Bardsley's I'm the Vampire, That's Why, Kerrelyn Sparks' Love is at Stake series, L. J. Smith's The Vampire Diaries, J. R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood, P. C. Casts's House of Night series, Melissa Dela Cruz' Blue Bloods, Richelle Mead's The Vampire Academy, and Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake series.
Got any more suggestions? Leave a comment below!